Day 14

Day 14
07/19/2019


Today is are last day of the trip. Many of the students woke up at 5:00am to collect sand dollars at the beach. I was certainly not one of the students. I was drained from the day at the beach.  So I decided to sleep in a bit longer. Today was a busy day. We had to clean our tents. Check in sleeping bags, water pouches, back packs and sleeping mats. We also a lot of cleaning and  inventory on food items.
we packed up and started our 5 hour drive back home.
This was one of the longest drives we did not this trip. During this time, I was able to reflect on the trip as a whole.
I am grateful for the learning opportunity I was given on this trip. The knowledge I have gained on this trip I am able to share with the university and community members back home. I thought I really knew what was going in the world, but it wasn't until I went on this trip where I was able to really see the issues first hand. Reflecting on this trip made me realized that I might have declared the wrong major. I really wish that I could have known what Environment studies has to offer at the beginning of my college career.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12

Day 2

Day 11