Day 10

Day 10
7/15/2019

It was really cold this morning. I couldn’t really get up due to how cold it was.
We got separated into teams. One group has just environment studies majors and the 2nd group had criminal justice, nursing majors.
I was part of the 2nd group, we started by working at meadow where a lot of reed canary grass was over growing in. Our goal was to try to work as a team and clear as much of the red canary grass as we could.
Tom walker provided us with working boots and weightier. This would help us from getting are clothes wet. Unfortunately, my suit had a hole and my clothes got wet. My boots were also full of water.  This still did not stop me from pulling any of the weeds out.
It was great experience. I also learn how important it is to keep our water meadows balanced.
After we working for a few hours it was time for lunch at 11:30pm-12:00pm.
We head over to a different part of the woods to do some more work service.

We worked alongside with pete powers where we were provided with tree trimers. Our  duties were to clear out some of over grown trees and plants that were no good.
The reason why we did this is because when there too much of one species of plants it starts to compete with other plants that are needed. Cutting some of these plants and trees give others a chance to grow and flourish.
I fell once on my face, but I got right back up. Service work today can be really rewarding. Its the small things that make big differences.
I really wish I could have explored environmental studies when I first came to heritage. Im thinking about a minor before I graduate it.
I must say this is one my favorite days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12

Day 2

Day 11